Monday, April 6, 2009

Assignment 2 - W.I.P



Here's my work in progress for my assignment 2.

1st of all, I rearranged the reference.







Then I used rectangle tool to create sky and calendar background.







After that, I created font for calendar by using type tool. I choose the arial font with bold because arial font is a standard font in any media. For 31st, I changed the color to red, blue, and the stroke is yellow because these colors represent Malaysian flag which is related to Hari Merdeka.
For white line, I used line segment tool.








Then I used pen tool to draw a jet. Then I draw a line with slightly curve to create a jet's smoke. To make smoke much more detail, I choose chalk scribble brush for it's stroke. Then I copied three of a jet with smoke and edit it until I satisfied.








For Tunku Abdul Rahman, I traced him from the reference picture by using the pen tool. Then I filled his skin with white color and his cloth with black color. Some pattern on his cloth filled with white color.








I used pen tool to draw Dataran Merdeka, Klcc and cloud. Then I filled them with appropriate color. I choose black and white color because I followed concept and stylization from the reference calendar which is really nice.








Then It's completed. Here's my final output for my calendar. MERDEKA!!






1 comment: